Screen Porch Panels (a DIY project)
We provide everything for you. Simply view the video below for a full understanding.
Our Screen Porch Panels are unique, durable and long lasting. They are designed to be the low cost solution, yet an effective way to protect everything on your porch from the weather! Now you have a way to turn your Screen Porch into a 3 ½ season room with the EZ Storm Panel System.
Made from heavy duty aluminum extrusion, 16 ml vinyl, and 20 year life santopreme gaskets. We guarantee your satisfaction with our 30-day money back guarantee, and offer an extended limited warranty; 10 years on the aluminum frame and gaskets and 3 years on the Vinyl. Measuring window openings and installing EZ Storm Panels is an easy Do-It-Yourself project for the homeowner. EZ Storm Panels are made to fit your porch opening to within 1/8” inch per side. You’ll be amazed at how well they fit…and…we guarantee It!
The EZ Storm solution offers homeowners an unobstructed view because it has no cross bars blocking the opening. The durable vinyl will not wrinkle or sag as it is stretched and secured to our proprietary aluminum frame. We make single panels up to 45 inches X 60 inches. For larger openings, we use two panels joined together with either a continuous hinge or an ‘H’ frame section.
You’ll find our pricing is very competitive. A small porch can be covered for usually less than $970.00, a medium sized porch for about $1,375, and larger porches will cost about $2,500. Of course we’ll have to have your specific measurements to calculate shipping and handling and provide you with a detailed estimate.
- 1” wood frame Shipping / Storage Box
- EZ Lok Hardward, All Stainless & Aluminum Hardware
- Easy Installation
- Easy CARE
- Color Selection:
The First Step in measuring is to number your window openings. We suggest you do this by standing with your back to your home and start from left to right, giving each opening a number, starting with 1 – 2 – 3 and so forth.
A simple way to number your openings is to take a clean sheet of paper and make rectangles that represent the openings. Then put the dimensions on each side, top, bottom, right and left. Measure to the nearest 1/8 of an inch but do not measure over the opening. Make sure you measure within the framework of the opening.
EZ Storm Panels will be shipped to you in a sturdy box supported by a ¾“ wood frame with Coroplast sides for extra protection. This shipping crate will double as your storage box when the panels are removed between the seasons.
Open the box from the top and match the panel number with the window number matching the window scheme you sent to us originally.
Easy Installation – Full Instructional Video below:
There are about 6 steps to the installation.
- Fit your ‘U’ Channel first, than the panel. Be certain you’re happy with the fit.
- Mount the ‘U’ Channel to the top of the opening. Double sided tape is provided on the U channel for the convenience of holding the channel in place during installation. You can choose to secure the channel for drilling by removing the protective film or leave it on and hold it by hand as you drill in the self-tapping screws.
- Put in the panel and spot drill the predrilled holes with a ¼ inch drill bit.
- Remove the panel and re-drill the spotted hole with the drill bit provided. Drill 1” inch deep. A simple way to do this is to mark the drill with electrical tape at 1” inch from the tip. Than just drill down to the tape for the correct depth for the EZ-Sert fastener. We provide the proper size fastener, either #8-32 or #10-24.
- Next, screw in the EZ-Sert with the “t” handle wrench that is provided.
- Now re-install the panel, and finger-tighten all of the machine screws provided to keep the panel in place. Once all of the screws are in, go back and tighten the screws with a phillips screw driver, or use a cordless drill. If using a cordless drill, set the torque to the lowest setting to prevent over tightening.
Now, it’s time to call your family and friends over for a party!
Easy CARE and Maintenance
Caring for your EZ Storm panels is a breeze…at the end of the season, simply wash them down on both sides to remove all the dirt, dust and pollen. This will keep the vinyl looking new. Now you can put your Panels in their original shipping crate for storage keeping them safe and clean.
Now you’ve multiplied the useful square footage of your home and you’re protecting your furnishings from dirt, dust, pollen and inclement weather.
“I am pleased to report my storm panels survived the inland effects of Hurricane Sandy yesterday. We had some pretty strong wind gusts throughout the day and night yesterday. We sat on our porch watching TV with a small electric fireplace on. We were quite comfortable despite blowing rain with gusts I would estimate at 45-50 MPH at times. The window film stretched and billowed inward up to 3 inches sometimes. There was no detectable leakage around the seals, including the bottom where I applied the foam tape as per our earlier discussion. Today the panels look fine as if nothing had happened. We are very happy with your product which performed beautifully.”